陶博士在国际著名期刊International Economic Review, Journal Economics and Management Strategy, Journal of International Economics, Rand Journal of Economics发表多篇论文，并被大量引用。重要国际媒体如《华尔街日报》,《纽约时报》曾报道他的研究。
1. The good, the bad and the ugly: Chinese imports, EU anti-dumping measures and firm performance (with Liza Jabbour, Enrico Vanino, and Yan Zhang), Journal of International Economics, Volume 117, March 2019, Pages 1-20.
2. Exposure to Chinese imports and media slant: Evidence from 147 U.S. local newspapers over 1998–2012 (with Yi LU, Ryan SHAO), Journal of International Economics, Volume 114, September 2018, Pages 316-330.
3. Identifying FDI Spillovers (with Yi LU and Lianming ZHU), Journal of International Economics, 2017, 107, 75-90.
4. Vertical Integration and Firm Productivity (with Hongyi Li and Yi Lu), Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, summer 2017, 403-428.
5. Once an Enemy, Forever an Enemy? The Long-run Impact of the Japanese Invasion of China from 1937 to 1945 on Trade and Investment (with Yi CHE, Julan DU, and Yi LU), Journal of International Economics, volume 96, May 2015, 182-198.
6. How do Exporters Respond to Antidumping Investigations? (With Yi Lu and Yan Zhang), Journal of International Economics, Volume 91, 2013, 290-300.
7. Do Institutions not Matter in China? Evidence from Manufacturing Enterprises (with Yi Lu and Ivan Png), Journal of Comparative Economics, Volume 41 (1), February 2013, 74-90.
8. Outsourcing, Product Quality and Contract Enforcement (with Yi Lu and Travis Ng), Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, 21, 2012, 1-30.
9. Exporting Behavior of Foreign Affiliates: Theory and Evidence from China (with Jiangyong Lu and Yi Lu), Journal of International Economics, 81, 2010, 197-205.
10. Determinants of Entrepreneurial Activities in China (with Jiangyong Lu), Journal of Business Venturing, 25(3), 2010, 261-273.
11. Bi-sourcing in the Global Economy (with Julan Du and Yi Lu), Journal of International Economics, 77, 2009, 215--222.
12. The Multitask Theory of State Enterprise Reform: Empirical Evidence from China (with Chong-en Bai and Jiangyong Lu), American Economic Review, Papers and Proceedings, volume 96, No. 2, May 2006, 353-357.
13. Revenue Sharing and Control Rights in Team Production: Theories and Evidence from Joint Ventures (with Chong-en Bai and Changqi Wu), Rand Journal of Economics, volume 35, No. 2, Summer 2004, 277-305.
14. Local Protectionism and Regional Specialization: Evidence from China's Industries (with Chong-en Bai, Yingjuan Du, and Sarah Tong), Journal of International Economics, volume 63 (July 2004), issue 2, 397-417.
15. A Multi-Task Theory of the State Enterprise Reform (with Chong-en Bai, David D. Li, and Yijiang Wang), Journal of Comparative Economics, 28 (2000), 716-738.
16. Bargaining, Bonding, and Partial Ownership (with Sudipto Dasgupta), International Economic Review, 41(3), 2000, 609-635.
17. Contract Mixing in Franchising as a Mechanism for Public Good Provision (with Chong-en Bai), Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, 9(1), 2000, 85-113.
18. The Impact of Public Policies on Innovation and Imitation: The Role of R&D Technology in Growth Models (with Leonard K. Cheng), International Economic Review, 40(1), 1999, 187-207.